Thursday, April 3, 2008

Um...Coppertone, anyone?



Dear god, this is clearly before the days of slathering SPF 75 on children and then covering them head-to-toe in clothing and plopping them underneath an umbrella at the beach. Is it just me, or do I look like an Oompa Loompa to anyone else? Look at those eyebrows! LOL.

There I am, first day of Kindergarten, after two weeks' vacation down the shore (that's "at the Jersey Shore" for you heathens). It seems like yesterday. I've been flooded with childhood memories over the last 24 hours. My high school friends who organized our 20th reunion in 2007 have now created a private online social network for our class. We're up to about 50 people right now and many of them didn't make it to the reunion. So everyone's leaving comments for each other and uploading pictures from now, pictures from the past, and pictures of children (human, canine, and/or feline). Such fun! And as best I can tell, I'm the only kickball-, softball-, beach volleyball-playing, running, Forensic Scientist in the bunch, so I carved a wee notch out for myself in our class after all... I can't wait to find out what everyone else has been up to. I'm sure there are very few of us who wound up anywhwere near what we expected. What a great chance this is to see where we've been, where we are, and maybe where we're going. We already have one romantic couple that formed at the reunion, who knows what else is in store?

Signing off,
Oompa Loompa
Class of 1987

No comments: