Monday, March 16, 2009

The Band-Aid Removal Would Have Been More Entertaining

Whewwwwwwwwwww! Thank goodness Bert finally left a comment today!! I decided a while back that since it appeared Bert was pouting over my reprimand for trying to hijack my blog that I wouldn't write until he left a comment.

OK, that's a lie. I've just been really, really lazy lately. But I was thinking of Bert this afternoon and wondering if I should maybe check in on him. I thought he was pouting over the reprimand as he was suspiciously silent both here and on email, but then I was concerned that he had given himself a heart attack. Last I checked, he was integrating some serious treadmill work into his Beer Enjoyment Algorithm (don't ask) and there was the slightest chance that something might have happened to him. But I really didn't consider that until I was driving home this afternoon.

So once again, I threw it out into the universe and the universe responded. Glad to hear you're alive Bert!

Not much is going on here. At the moment, I'm trying to do my taxes but my Turbo Tax didn't load properly yesterday and my computer crashed twice while I was trying to uninstall Turbo Tax so I could attempt a re-install of Turbo Tax. Go Vista!! Cancel or allow?

Let's see, what else? My running's in the absolute crapper but I've joined a running Meetup group and am looking forward to getting on the stick with that. The big Shamrock Marathon is this coming weekend and I'm waiting for that to pass before I get started again. I know, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but I've been living with me for nearly 40 years and I don't understand most of the things I do, so don't strain yourselves trying to figure it out.

Work is..............work. I'm happy to have a job. I'm happy to have a job. I'm happy to have a job. (If I discover the universe can't hear above a whisper or doesn't understand pig latin, I may give you the full skinny in a drunken rant one day. But for now...) I'm happy to have a job. I'm happy to have a job. I'm happy to have a job.

Just for the record, I am happy to have a job. I know a lot of people out there have it a lot worse, so I do appreciate the steady paycheck...

And at this very moment in time, I'm watching this week's Desperate Housewives and am very sad to see Swoosie Kurtz as a lesbian. One, because she's pushing 100-years-old; two, because she reminds me a little bit of a coworker; three, because she's not wearing her Pushing Daisies' bedazzled eye patch and the realization that my beloved show is never ever never ever coming back on is sinking in; and four, she's not the most attractive lesbian I've seen. I've had to wait over three-quarters of my life to see lesbian characters on television and this is what they give me?? Phlagh. And don't go throwing the L Word hotties at me -- the season finale aired last week so now they're gone forever.

Sad times for this TV addict, sad times indeed.

Well isn't this a fine 'welcome back' to the blog??!! Hope you're all well. House is on, so I bid you adieu. Why can't they make Cuddy a lesbian?!

No comments: