Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy NaBloPoMo 2010!!!

Ho Ho Ho!!! 'Tis NaBloPoMo time once again!! And since it's been approximately 19 hours since the passage of Halloween 2010, it's time to begin Christmas shopping -- at least, according to the stores and advertisers.

Truth be told, I'm STILL denying the end of summer.

Which is getting harder and harder to do since I can smell the artificial heat being pumped into my living quarters...

Well that's exciting, isn't it? Any NaBloPoMo 2009 readers may recall that last November was a very cold time for yours truly. $16,000 and one vent that sounds like a large box fan/airplane later, the pooch and I are WARM.

Most often, it's the little things in life that make me happy. Every so often, it's a GINORMOUS thing like an internal home temperature greater than 50 degrees. Ahhhhh....

I had planned on writing earlier in the evening, but two things quickly got in the way:

1) Bodhi, in reaction to the outdoor temps and a day of doggie daycare, decided to get all snuggly on the love seat. Bodhi's definition of snuggly is to lie on me and immobilize me. Fortunately, I was able to wriggle my left arm free and reach over to an end table to retrieve obstacle numero two-o...

2) I have FINALLY gotten into The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo! It was supposed to be the first of many beach books this summer, but sadly wound up being the ONLY beach book, whose first 16th was the only portion completed.

THE HORROR.

Thanks to a pitiful number of beach trips this summer that were never alone (and therefore with good company, good convos, but poor reading opportunities), the big IT book of 2010 sat unopened on a shelf for the last 6 months.

Fortunately (silver lining), I caught some sort of Ick last week and have had many opportunities to read. Joy! :) And now I'm nearing the end of this first-of-three tome.

So you know what that means, right?

Good night. :)

No comments: