Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Someone Please Hire Swoosie to Play Straight!

Goddammit, why is Swoosie Kurtz playing another lesbian??!!

I know God has a sense of humor and all, but this is getting a little ridiculous. If He wasn't willing to step in and work some Judeo-Christian voodoo to save my beloved Pushing Daisies, why in the hell is he now torturing me with this latest example of characters who in theory would be interested in me but in whom I have no interest??

New readers might need a little backstory here. Mind you, this wasn't much of a story originally and I don't foresee it getting any better today. But I'm too tired to do anything productive, so writing seemed like the best option...

Jump to last paragraph or so of this one...

And now here she is on this week's episode of Nurse Jackie. Sheesh. Although, they did just make me laugh by introducing me to the term "Vagina Mom" -- the one who gives birth and who is paired with "The Other One." LOL. That's pretty good stuff.

I wonder what Swoosie's old Sisters castmate Sela Ward is up to? She would have made a very satisfactory lesbian in my eyes. Rrrrrrrr. :) Come to think of it, I wonder if Lauren knew all those times when we were toasted and ranking on Sisters that I had quite the little crush on Sela...? Funny to look back on my life at how much was hidden for so long. And yet here I am today totally flayed open with all my sh*t hanging out. I may have been much better off in the old days. :)