Monday, November 26, 2012

Happy New Year!

After a week of pimento cheese, crackers, smoked gouda, crackers, brie, crackers, turkey, dressing, Ocean Spray Jellied Cranberry Sauce, homemade breads, chocolate pavé, multiple bottles of red wine, and so much pumpkin pie that I eventually convinced myself it was a vegetable in order to live with myself, I went for my lunchtime run today.

Whoof.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one person to dissolve the fat bands which have connected them with butter, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separation of one's mouth and fork, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that she should declare the causes which impel her to the separation.

I'm doughy, tired, and out of shape.

And I'm thinking I should get a jump on my New Year's Resolutions as a result. Herewith, my list of 2013 Resolutions (upon which additions may be made in the future):

1. Get more sleep.
2. Eat better.
3. Run more.

Soooooo simple. Except that means I should be in bed by 9pm. Rather, asleep by 9pm. Someone break the news to Rachel Maddow. One of her viewers has to go sleepy-time instead of watching her show. And it all starts there for me. If I get an appropriate amount of sleep, I'll feel more compelled to run and will make better food choices.

So really, this is all Rachel's fault. And Obama's. But the election's over, so the daily political commentary isn't as dire and/or funny.

Now if I can just get someone to hide my phone so I don't stay up past my bedtime playing Words with Friends.

Wish me luck!

QI.


No comments: