Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Socks

I'm thankful for a wonderful day, in a beautiful locale, with kind people who welcomed me into their home and fed me an enormous amount of delicious food.

I'm thankful for the opportunity to spend time with one of My Person's most important people -- her grandmother -- and to have watched them bake together.

I'm thankful for my mom, who no matter how far away, always seems to be on at least one page with me at all times.

I'm thankful for good friends -- ones I see frequently, ones I see infrequently, and the ones I only see online.

I'm thankful for health and happiness and employment and money to cover my needs.

And I'm especially thankful for My Person. For who she is. That she lets me love her and for her love of me. And for the SmartWool "Thanksgiving Socks" that she gave me last year and that with the ones I gave her last Christmas, we formed a tradition.

I'm thankful for the past, thankful for the present, and thankful for the prospect of a future.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!


No comments: