Friday, November 11, 2011

Grace & Joe (To Be Continued)

Girlfriend and I were fortunate once again to have generous friends in high places, who bestowed upon us VIP ODU Women's basketball tickets for tonight. I had planned on posting a pic from the game and calling it a day, NaBloPoMo-wise.

Alas and alack, Girlfriend's grandmother is ill (mildly or deathly depending on with which family member one speaks), so we're heading out to bring the poor woman soup and good cheer.

I'll be bringing nervousness, as she's very important to Girlfriend and I've yet to meet her.

Eep!

Girlfriend kept apologizing for our missing the game and as I told her repeatedly that it was all right and that of course we should go, all I could think to myself is that I would give anything to spend a Friday night with these two:



As I think I've mentioned earlier, I spent nearly every Friday night of my childhood at my grandparents' house. The fact that it was around the block from my house made it difficult for them to hide. :)

Shoot. Girlfriend's on her way. Gotta wrap this anemic post up. Just hear this -- if you're lucky enough to still have grandparents walking the earth: go hug them, call them, and/or write to them. They're only in our lives for a short while, but if you've been really lucky, they've made a tremendous difference in your life.

I love you, "Mom" and "Dad." Hope you're enjoying a rousing Happy Hour right now!

No comments: