Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Morel of the Story

My bff Lauren and I were visiting a friend of hers in a neighboring college (Lehigh, I guess?) wayyyy back in the Stone Age when we were still in school. Lauren's friend Louise told us this silly little joke and when we got back to our school (Hell University), Lauren relayed it to our dorm mates:

"This mushroom walks into a bar and asks the bartender for a beer. The bartender says, 'I can't serve you, you're a mushroom!' And the mushroom responds, 'But I'm a fun kind of guy!'"


{crickets}



AJ: "You didn't get that joke, did you?"
Lauren: "No, no I didn't. That's why I told it. I wanted to see if they got it."

Herewith, the actual joke:

"This mushroom walks into a bar and asks the bartender for a beer. The bartender says, 'I can't serve you, you're a mushroom!' And the mushroom responds, 'But I'm a FUN GUY!'"

Get it?

Fun guy?

Fungi...fungus...........

The mushroom is a fungus.....

Yeah, it's a knee-slapper all right. And it will FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER bring a smile to my face because it's the only time in the last 20 years that Lauren has been wrong about something and it endeared her to me SO MUCH back then and still does! :)

"But I'm a fun kind of guy!!"

Hahahahahahahaha!!!

Love ya, Laur!!

3 comments:

Bert said...

A string walks into a bar and asks for a beer. The bartender says "We don't serve string in here...get out of my bar."

The string goes out and gets a fake mustache, walks back in and orders a beer. "I recognize you," says the bartender, "you're that string with a fake mustache. Get the hell out of my bar!"

The string goes into the back alley and starts rolling around on the ground. By the time he is finished, he is a tangled mess. He gets up, walks into the bar and orders a beer. The bartender eyes him up and down.

"Are you that piece of string who has been coming in here?"

"No - I'm afraid not."

lauren said...

A guy walks into a bar and says, "OUCH!"

lauren said...

Love you too by the way, and I love the "title" of this blog.

Good one. I got it.