Sunday, November 29, 2009

Steam Cleaner 1, AJ 0

Monday's lurking around the corner, isn't it??

Oh well.

Twas a strange four-day weekend for me. Some great times, some not-so-great times, some misunderstandings, and some growing pains. But ultimately, some evolving as well, so that's AWESOME.

Alas, I was reminded once again tonight that I'm a bit of an idiot. I think one of the reasons I procrastinate on projects at home is because I know they always snowball into other issues. Voldemort and I had to replace a broken toilet bowl handle arm thingy one time and when all was said and done, we had replaced the toilet seal, reseated the toilet, painted the bathroom, and put down vinyl tile!

So when I decided to steam clean my Bodhi-victimized couch cushions around 6 o'clock tonight, I should have known something was going to come up. I haven't used my carpet cleaner in eons because I have hardwood floors here. The cleaner's been out in my garage for the last four years, just sitting idle. I brought it in the house, filled her up, and........discovered the upholstery attachment wasn't working. I futzed around with it a little bit and decided to check to see if the cleaner was working at all. But since I don't have any carpeting and didn't want to shoot water all over the floor, I put the upright cleaner on the couch cushion, and turned it on. It worked all right. But it also shot four years of muck and mire onto the cushion!

See, I'm an idiot.

I just shook my head and walked away. I did some other chores, added "go to Costco and buy upholstery cleaner" to tomorrow's To Do list, and then for the heck of it gave the upholstery attachment another try.

Well, something must have gotten jiggered because the darn thing came alive. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to be able to clean those cushions in my lifetime, however. I'm thinking I'll have to buy some new upholstery foam and can hopefully wash the covers.

Anyone interested in a ten-year-old beagle mix with a propensity for urine leakage and vomiting??

Happy Sunday, all!

To be continued...

Oh, that's another thing! I finally bought a new modem and called my cable company to give them the new modem address. After 30 minutes on hold and 20 minutes of troubleshooting, I still don't have internet! Lo and behold, there's something going on with my internet connection. So it was never my old modem. And I've been paying 40 bucks a month for MONTHS for absolutely nothing!!

See, I'm a moron. :)

No comments: