Friday, November 6, 2009

Sense and Cents-Ability

I'm sleepy after an absolutely great day and had planned on writing about that a little bit, but I just activated AdSense for my page and may babble about that for a minute instead...

A friend asked the other day if I was using it on my blog. I admitted that I had heard of it, but did not have it on here. She encouraged me to check it out, so I did. Essentially, I allow Google to run advertisements on my blog and if people click on the ads, I receive money.

Seems like a no-brainer, right? Except look at my blog now. It's all messy and I feel like I've sold out. So what are your thoughts, dear readers? Part of me feels like I'd be stupid to not receive some financial compensation for all this writing, but another part of me knows that I have the blog because I enjoy it, not for financial gain.

And again, look at it! I'm not crazy about this. What say you?

As an aside, in case she ever reads this, thanks dear friend for a great day. I look forward to fixing up my house and stocking it with the hundreds of treasures you showed me today. And I will never buy those cheesy-ass disposable grocery store salt and pepper shakers again! :)

No comments: