Saturday, November 16, 2013

Hey Bert, We Built a Table!

Bert's my one friend who isn't on Facebook.  Excuse me, my one friend who isn't on Facebook who reads my blog.  I have maybe one other friend at this point who isn't suffering from an online social network, but I doubt he knows I have a blog or even knows what one is.  I'm confident he doesn't care that he doesn't know and if he knew, he wouldn't care either.  He's super blasé that way.  It's his thing.

YAWN.

Bert, we built a table!  My FB friends saw a couple pictures of it as it was built over the last two weekends, but you haven't.  So here it is as we left it earlier tonight; stained, with two coats of polyurethane, and the legs and undercarriage primed for painting:


I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with us.  It was deceptively easy and yet, not.  We hit a couple snags along the way, but nothing earth-shattering.  We actually took an order for a custom one tonight, so that's pretty cool.  

Tomorrow, we have to get the table from Pungo (Virginia Beach farm country) to Norfolk on a flat bed trailer and then into our house, so hilarity and tears may ensue.  I'll keep you posted.  ;)










1 comment:

Bert said...

(hmm, I commented from my iPhone, but it likely didn't go through)

Nice job. I wish you decades of fun sitting around that table. Did you make it so the legs come off for easy in/out while moving it? (I like the wood stove in the shop!)