Sunday, November 4, 2007

Behold, the Power of Blogspot!

This is somewhat creepy, but if I can harness the amazing power of Blogspot just one more time (in case this is one of those instances of things occurring in threes like the granting of wishes by genies or celebrities dying) I would like to state emphatically that I will never receive a million dollars or date a new friend of mine when she moves back here from San Diego. Never gonna happen. No-sir-ee bob.

Boy, I hope this works. I'm typically a firm believer in only putting things "out there" that you want to happen. I believe there is some crazy cosmic communal consciousness and that all you have to do is ask for things in order to receive them. As with everything in life, there are some restrictions. I usually limit the requests to small things rather than the whopping, "I want a million dollars." For example, if I can't remember an actor's name or a place I visited as a child, I need only mention it out loud and sure enough, I'll stumble on the information in the next few days. Cynics will say it's merely a coincidence, but I stopped believing in coincidences a long time ago. Ask and ye shall receive.

So this is completely antithetical to me. But damned if I didn't state on this blog two days ago that we WEREN'T playing the angry leprechaun in the tournament and then as I was writing that very fact the brackets were changed and we had to play his team! Next up, I wrote with some measure of confidence that I would never receive a myspace comment from a sea turtle or that adorable baby harbor seal and what do you think was waiting for me when I got home last night? And I quote, "What can I say I'm a star:) ~Noodle Head :>< " I received this in response to my comment asking NH for an autograph after I saw his picture in our local newspaper. I'm guessing someone had to help him with the typing because he's just a baby. But how cute is that? I got a little seal kiss too! Which I actually know from personal experience is far less messy as an emoticon than in real life. That may be a story for another day. Just be aware that if you ever get a chance to hug a harbor seal (and this should only be done under the supervision of marine professionals) be sure to wear an old shirt. Seals have a tendency to drool. And if they've just been fed, that means your shoulder and back will be covered in the blood of whatever fish they've just ingested.

But where was I? Ah -- I am now 0-2 on my prognostications! So once again I state emphatically, I will not be given a million dollars and I will not date Lady X when she moves back here. And Blogspot, if I'm being greedy by not asking for two things, feel free to give me a million dollars, but by no means are you to work any romantic voodoo on Lady X and have her fall madly in love with me. You hear me, Blogspot? Absolutely. no. Lady X!!

Boy I hope I did this correctly. I'll keep you posted! Have a great day, dear readers. And I mean that. It's my fourth wish, so you should be covered.

No comments: