Monday, November 12, 2007

Just Do It

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm always trying to evolve. Definitely not revolve, as I get dizzy and nauseated easily. I often get swept up in my life and activities and forget to check in with myself -- to see if I'm doing things that are good for me, that are helping to better myself, or if I've lost my way. I feel like I've lost my way again recently. It shouldn't be too hard to get back on course, but it will take a good deal of willpower -- something I definitely have selective amounts of: it's been easy for me to not smoke since I quit 5 years ago, because I was truly disgusted and done with it when I quit; it'll be harder for me to get back into my running routine. I truly enjoy running, but it's always difficult for me to get going again after a long absence. I broke my arm in mid-September and the doc advised no sports, including running. That was the only excuse I needed to return to my latent lazy self! But I definitely miss it and know that it's the best thing for my head. So, wish me luck. I'm off to a fresh start tomorrow. No more late nights with Energizer Tim, no more sluggish days at home, and no more excuses for not running!

And if any of you are struggling with change or motivation, I wish you luck! You CAN do it!

No comments: