Sunday, November 11, 2007

NaBloPoMo Day Eleven

This is a cheap attempt at covering my bases. I'm going out soon, with Tim, and we're off tomorrow. Chances are I either won't be home before midnight or will be incapable of writing if I get home in time. And since I've vowed to blog every day, I've got to come up with something NOW.
A poem I carried around forever that was written by my uncle popped into my head and I decided to post it. I believe he wrote it back in the 40s or 50s. I hope you enjoy it. Cheers, AJ

Dear Lord

Let me dream of a better tomorrow,
No matter how troubled this day;
Make my heart beat with a tempo,
That helps to make brighter the way;

Let me live with faith in the future,
And not be afraid of the dawn;
May my deeds have a kindly reflection,
Bringing joy to each glorious morn.

~Alex D. Aiken

No comments: